Are You a Good Candidate For Dental Implants?
Your dentist in Batavia, Illinois can save your smile with dental implants
Are you thinking about dental implants? If so, you’re probably wondering if you are a good candidate for them. The truth is dental implants can rebuild and restore your smile, no matter how many missing teeth you have. Even if you’ve worn dentures for a long time, dental implants can give you the natural smile you want. John C. Koechley, D.D.S. in Batavia, Illinois can save your smile, thanks to dental implants.
Implant Benefits and Requirements
Dental implants are the most highly successful surgical implant, with a success rate of over 95 percent, according to the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. You can be sure of a healthy, beautiful smile when you choose dental implants.
A high success rate isn’t the only benefit you will enjoy with dental implants, though. Consider that dental implants are:
- Completely stable and will never move around because they are firmly embedded in bone
- Naturally beautiful because the implant crown material reflects light and looks just like natural tooth enamel
- Easy to maintain because you brush and floss them just like your natural teeth
If you are healthy, and you take solid care of your oral health, chances are good that you are a great candidate for dental implants. However, there are a few issues that can make it more difficult for you to heal and for your implants to be successful. Be sure and let us know if you:
- Have diabetes
- Have a history of radiation to your jaws, face or head
- Use tobacco products, smoke, or drink excessive amounts of alcohol
No matter how damaged your smile is, dental implants can rebuild and restore it. You can achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. If you are thinking about dental implants, talk with an expert—pick up your phone and call John C. Koechley, D.D.S. in Batavia, Illinois. Don’t wait to get the smile you deserve, dial (630) 406-9441!