The Benefits of Having a Family Dentist
Your Batavia, IL, family dentist, John C. Koechley, D.D.S., is here to help.
Procedures Your Doctor Provides:
- Bridges: Bridges are custom-made oral appliances that can conceal dental gaps, and help restore proper bite and chewing functions. They can be used instead of dental implants to conceal dental gaps.
- Veneers: They're made of thin porcelain and used to resurface an individual's teeth, especially if they're stained, or discolored, as result of drinking coffee, or tea, smoking, chewing tobacco, tetracycline-containing medicine and poor hygiene. They also fix mishappened teeth, like crooked, overcrowded, and irregularly shaped teeth.
- Fillings/Dental Bonding: In order to prepare your teeth for the composite, your family dentist will apply an etching solution on the tooth surface, then apply a composite resin that matches the color of your teeth. The composite is molded to the right shape and hardened with a curing light.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a porcelain cap that covers unaesthetic teeth, like cracks, dents, and chips, and reinforces week teeth. When your tooth is severely decayed and large portions of it are removed. Your Batavia family dentists use a dental crown to restore and protect your tooth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants provide you with the most natural-looking, fully-functioning tooth replacement available. The dental implant crown is made of state-of-the-art materials that are light-reflective, just like natural tooth enamel. Because the implant is embedded in the bone, it is completely stable, so it won't move around.
- Smile Makeovers: We know that there are a lot of people that aren’t happy with their natural smiles. Perhaps you have stains from years of drinking coffee or you have a gap in between your front teeth that you want to cover up. We also offer full smile makeovers for those patients who may have had accidents or stayed away from the dentist a bit too long and are dealing with serious dental issues.
Here are a few tips to stay healthy:
- Visit your dentist for bi-annual dental appointments to maintain your oral health.
- Avoid eating hard candies and sugary food.
- Floss your teeth before bed to preserve your crowns and natural teeth.
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris.
- Use fluoride-containing products like toothpastes and mouthwash.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that'll help avoid cavities.
- Brush your teeth twice a day by spending two full minutes brushing your teeth and tilting your brush at a 45-degree angle to ensure you remove as much food debris as possible.
We know that your child is going to have different dental needs than a teenager, young adult, adult or senior; fortunately, we have the training to be able to handle smiles in any stage of life. So if your child needs to get braces to fix a crooked smile we can help them while we can also address your tooth loss by placing dental implants. We also offer full smile makeovers for those patients who may have had accidents or stayed away from the dentist a bit too long and are dealing with serious dental issues. We handle it all so that you don’t have to.
For more information on what your family dentists can provide you and your family, you should contact your Batavia, IL, family dentist John C. Koechley, D.D.S. today!